If you follow a Gluten Free diet then the first step to eating anywhere with a food allergy or sensitivity is doing a little research before you head out.
If gluten is a concern for you, here is everything you need to know about your gluten free options at Jimmy John’s, the truth might surprise you.
Jimmy John’s Allergen Menu Warning
There’s some good and some not so good parts to Jimmy John’s Allergen Menu that you need to be aware.
First the good.
Jimmy John’s does something I wish more allergen menus would do. I really like how they break down Wheat and Gluten into separate categories.
And that’s because there are multiple things that contain gluten, not just wheat. Which is something not every restaurant chain does… so Good Job Jimmy John’s!
Now comes the NOT SO good part if you’re sensitive to gluten.
Something I absolutely DO NOT LIKE ABOUT Jimmy John’s Allergen Menu is that it could be a bit misleading, and here’s why.
Anything that contains Wheat inherently contains Gluten. But there are items on their allergen menu that states it contains Wheat, but when you go to the Gluten column for that same item it doesn’t show that it contains gluten.
So if you’re only looking at the Gluten column you could be in for a serious issue. Take a look at the screenshot below:
This needs to be corrected. But since you got this information here you should be better than most.
With that being said BEWARE!
Even though items may get the all clear gluten free stamp, gluten cross contamination may happen. And Jimmy John’s is aware of this by putting it front and center at the top of their allergen guide.
“Please note that because individual foods may come into contact with each other during preparation of your sandwich, and because of shared utensils and equipment, we cannot guarantee that our food is free from any allergens. If you have any special requests or concerns related to allergies or other dietary restrictions, please inform your cashier when placing your order.”
You can find Jimmy John’s allergen menu here.
Jimmy John’s Gluten Free Menu Options
There doesn’t appear to be a true Gluten Free Menu for Jimmy John’s so we created the following list to help you out.
– Jimmy John’s Gluten Free Sandwich Options
Unfortunately Jimmy John’s doesn’t offer Gluten Free bread for their delicious sandwiches. You’re only option at the moment is to their Unwich® which is their lettuce wrap version of their sandwiches.
The good news is “ANY SANDWICH AS AN UNWICH® CONTAINS 10G OR LESS TOTAL CARBS” so they’re a great option if you’re the type of person who counts their carbs.
– Jimmy John’s Gluten Free Meat Options
At the time of this post all Jimmy John’s meat options are Gluten Free, except for their Tuna Salad which contains Wheat and Gluten.
- Seasoned Chicken
– Jimmy John’s Gluten Free Cheese Options
At the time of this post all Jimmy John’s cheese options are Gluten Free, except for their Provolone Cheese which may contain <20ppm barley gluten.
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
– Jimmy John’s Gluten Free Sides
Currently all Jimmy John’s side options are Gluten Free with the exception of their except for their BBQ Chips and Salt & Vinegar Chips.
- REGULAR CHIPS
- JALAPEÑO CHIPS
- THINNY CHIPS®
- JUMBO PICKLE
- KICKIN’ RANCH®
- AVOCADO SPREAD
– Jimmy John’s Gluten Free Desserts
Currently ALL Jimmy John’s dessert options ARE NOT Gluten Free which includes their Chocolate Chip Cookie and Oatmeal Raisin Cookie.
– Jimmy John’s Gluten Free Condiments and Ingredients
Virtually all Jimmy John’s condiments and similar ingredients ARE Gluten Free at this time.
- Hellmann’s® Mayo
- Jimmy Mustard®
- Grey Poupon®
- Yellow Mustard
- Oil & Vinegar
- Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber, Onion
- Jimmy Peppers®
- Creamy Caesar Dressing
- Ranch Seasoning
- Chili Lime Seasoning
- Fire Roasted Southwest Corn Blend
- Tortilla Chips
- Herb Aioli
- Panko & Cheese Crisp Blend
- Pickled Red Onions
- Slow Roasted Tomato Wedges
- Ranch Dressing
Jimmy John’s Gluten Free Summary (TLDR)
Until Jimmy John’s offers sandwiches with Gluten Free bread you’re going to have to settle for their version of a lettuce wrap (The Unwich®).
Here’s a few things to keep in mind when dining at Jimmy John’s while following a Gluten Free diet:
- All of their meat options ARE Gluten Free except their Tuna Salad
- All of Jimmy John’s cheeses ARE Gluten Free except their Provolone Cheese
- All of their dessert options ARE NOT Gluten Free which currently consists of – Chocolate Chip & Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Virtually all of their condiments and “Freebies” are Gluten free
Frequently Asked Questions about Jimmy John's Gluten Free Menu
Does Jimmy John’s have gluten-free bread?
- No, Jimmy John’s currently DOES NOT offer gluten-free bread with its sandwiches. They do offer the Unwich® which is their lettuce wrap version of their sandwiches.
Does Jimmy john’s have gluten-free chips?
- Yes, Jimmy John’s currently offers gluten-free chips which are their REGULAR CHIPS, JALAPEÑO CHIPS and THINNY CHIPS®. Their BBQ Chips and Salt & Vinegar Chips are currently not Gluten Free based on the Allergen Menu.
Where can I find Jimmy John’s Allergen Menu?
- You can find the Jimmy John’s Allergen menu in the corresponding section on this page, but beware. It can be misleading and cause you to order something that is not Gluten Free if you only read the Gluten column as we mentioned in our Allergen Menu section.
Where can I find Jimmy John’s Menu Online?
- Jimmy John’s current menu can be found in the resource section below, if you have any food allergies or sensitivities be sure to read our Allergen menu review for surprising information you need to read immediately.
Does Jimmy John’s have a gluten free menu?
- No, Jimmy John’s does not currently does not have a gluten free menu. You will need to review our list of Gluten Free items based on their allergen menu.
Where can I find a list of Jimmy John’s ingredients?
- You can find a list of Jimmy John’s ingredients in their allergen menu located on this page. The ingredients list to their baked / cooked food like their bread, cookies, dressings, etc doesn’t appear to be available at this time.